Duotone Grip 4 SLS
Do you want to rip and fly like a pro at your home spot and wherever you travel to? Well then you’ve come to the right place, because Duotone design all their products to work in as many different conditions as possible, rather than creating special onshore, sideshore or even symmetric boards thats only work in very limited conditions/spots.
Such boards might give you a slight edge in super extreme conditions, but custom boards also often turn out to be a surprise egg.
The Duotone GRIP SLS boards are constantly evolving designs and constructions to ensure we are continuously at the forefront of development yet with over 40 years of experience. They call them World Cup Wave boards as they are engineered to satisfy the best of the best on all kind of spots around the globe, from jumping-oriented side-on conditions like Pozo to down-the-line groundswell conditions like Hookipa.
During development, the major inputs came from two-time PWA Wave World Champion Victor Fernandez and the highest-ranked future Wave Champ contender Marc Paré. These guys are not just 2 of the best wave sailors on the planet, but they both have a very contest oriented riding style. Therefore instead of demanding super specialised and extreme shapes they always aim for:
- Boards that are super balanced and easy to control in all kind of conditions without taking on a life of their own, to score maximum turns and jumps
- Boards that are super versatile to sail and allow front- and back foot riding to get the most out of each wave even when the conditions are changing
- Boards offering a maximum wind range to avoid being forced to switch boards during the heat
Well isn’t that exactly what we all expect from our wave board? And that’s why Marc and Victor are our most important assets in the development process. In fact, all of the GRIP SLS production boards are exact replicas of their best boards from the PWA tour.
- NO-COMPROMISE QUAD SHAPE: The GRIP 4 shape is 100% tuned to the quad fin setup
- GRIP WORLD CUP WAVE DESIGNS: All GRIP boards are designed working all around the globe from groundswell Hookipa to onshore Pozo conditions.
- MINI MAST TRACK AND SLOT BOXES: Weight saving plus maximum PLUG & PLAY through less options
- PREMIUM SANDWICH TECHNOLOGY: The PREMIUM SANDWICH TECHNOLOGY consists of 50 individual parts and components and is our lightest semi custom technology
+ Comes with 3 x premium straps
+ Fins: 2 x Quad Side (Slot) 9/9.5 (10 + 2 x Quad Centre (slot) 14.5/15.5
|Model||Grip SLS 60||Grip SLS 69||Grip SLS 76||Grip SLS 81||Grip SLS 87||Grip SLS 93||Grip SLS 99||Grip SLS 107|