KT Surfing Wing Air DD
Direct Drive | Hard Handle Wing
Jason Diffin: “Direct Drive. Hard handles. Maximum control, maximum durability, maximum flight time.”
The Wing Air DD (Direct Drive) is the latest creation out of the KT Surfing R&D department. The DD sits alongside the original Wing Air, featuring hard handles and strengthened construction of the Leading Edge (LE) and Strut.
With two-ply dacron construction around all high-stress areas of the LE and strut connections, along with a revised, super durable, positive lock seaming method on key LE joints, the inflatable frame of the DD is stiffer and tougher than ever. It is ready to withstand the beatings of waves, jumps, and high wind winging.
The new Direct Drive hard handles are lightweight and skinny, with a contoured EVA foam grip for easy handling.
The rigid handles give you the control and Direct Drive of the wing in all three dimensions, allowing you to increase your pumping power and efficiency and dial in your power and control zones while riding. Kt Surfing have streamlined the handle system with the increased frame stiffness from our new construction. They removed the Y-handles connecting the strut to the LE and the centre handle on the strut, saving weight and making tacks and gybes more crisp and connected, as you always reach for the same firm Direct Drive handle. The ends of the handle connection are open, allowing you to easily tie on a harness line should you want to sail with one, and the elongated balanced handles allow for easy one-handed winging.
- Ultra Light Canopy Construction.
- 2 EVA Grip Hard Handles, 1 Neoprene Grip front handle.
- Available in 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0m
- Available in Fluo Orange.
- Canopy material: Ultra Light Triple Rip-Stop STW-18.
- Leading Edge (LE) / Strut material: Ultra Stable K-PE 165 by Dimension Polyant.
- Bladders: Double collared LE / Strut bladders for extra durability.
- Abrasion patches: Kevlar elbow and tip patches on LE.
- Hard Handles: Skinny reinforced plastic covered in a thin layer of comfortable EVA.
- Handle array: 2 hard handles on the strut for optimised Direct Drive handling, 1 LE surf handle (to trail wing while surfing).
- Valves: Independent LE / Strut “B2” high quality valves (no specialty nozzle necessary).