The Witterings Charity Paddle Race has been running every year for over 10 years. The race starts from Booker Green at the end of Shore Road in East Wittering and finishes on the beautiful blue flag beach of West Wittering with a BBQ and prize giving. The race is in aid of The Sussex Snowdrop Trust and every competitor must raise a minimum of £20 on top of the entry fee.
- Competitors may use surfboards, paddleboards or kayaks
- The race should take between 20-40 minutes
- There will be prizes for the winners
- All surfers must wear leashes, all kayakers must have buoyancy aids
- Please ensure you are medically fit to complete the paddle from East to West Wittering
- Safety craft will be provided by 2XS, Puma Safety (CDC) and West Wittering Lifeguards
- Under 16’s must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. The event will run in shallow, low tide conditions.
- Online entry gives you free parking at West Wittering (just enter your registration in when you pay for your entry) , so you can get a lift home after the race!
- Entry fee £16.50 inc free Tshirt. Minimum sponsorship £20. All sponsorship monies to be collected on the day for The Sussex Snowdrop Trust
- BBQ starts 2.30pm (donations to The Sussex Snowdrop Trust)
- Race registration is from 12pm on 21st May and the race starts at 1pm sharp. Registration is on Booker Green at the end of Shore Road, East Wittering.
*If wind is over 15knots SW the event will be run from West Wittering beach instead – check in on Friday for the forecast 01243 513077*
Contact 2XS 01243 513077 email@example.com.
Please note that the online entry will close on 17th May